- We offer both children's and adult classes beginning from the ages of four years old upwards. Pacific Coast Academy is an envoironment of positivity and success where we "build confidence through achievement”. We honor Martial Arts traditions that go back centuries, but we are dynamic and are constantly seeking new and innovative ways to enthuse and excite our students.
- We have classes for Children from 4 years old through until 18. Our classes are designed to excited our young martial artists while challenging them and preparting them for the challenges that lay ahead
- Pacific Coast Academy offers many adult classes at times to suit your schedule. Our adult clasess include Ken Ju Ryu, Kenpo Ju Jitsu - Danzan Ryu JuJitsu - Toyamaru & Eskrima
- We are extremely proud of our lineage which is a pure line from the creator of the Danzan Ryu system to our present day organization. Our chief instructor and head of the Ken Ju Ryu system is Shihanke Russell Rhodes.
- The Pacific Coast Academy of Martial Arts dojo (or school) is a modern, state of the art training facility that is entirely unique and sets the standard for martial arts training in the 21st century.
- Social Media Follow Pacific Coast Acadmey on Facebook and find us on YouTube. On our YouTube channel you will find many video classes by Shihan Russ Rhodes in a multitude of topics that cover Ken Ju Ryu, Danzan Ryu and other martial arts. You will see techniques performed in their orignal and pure forms as well as many blends and variations - check us out, there is something for everyone!
- We always like to welcome visitors to our Dojo. We are conveniently located in Los Gatos, California, close to many of the area's main highways to serve the Bay Area, including Los Gatos, San Jose and the surrounding towns.
QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS
Q. How many classes per week should I attend?
A. We recommend two to three classes per week, plus a certain amount of practice time in between classes as the perfect level of training. This allows the student time to work on material between classes and become proficient before new concepts are introduced.
Q. Will there be other beginners in my class?
A. Pacific Coast Academy groups all students by age and rank. Therefore, you will be in a class with students at your own age and skill level.
Q. Will my classes be safe?
A. Absolutely. All classes taught at Pacific Coast Academy are strictly monitored to ensure complete safety. Classes are designed to cater to your ability. You are restricted from training in certain programs that are above your ability. We want you to stay in good form so that you will always be able train.
Q. How long will it take me to become reasonably proficient?
A. The time it takes to become proficient varies with each individual depending on the effort they put forth. Students are often very amazed by their own ability and accomplishment in as little as six months. This training will give you the confidence of knowing that you can defend yourself in most situations, both mentally and physically. The real goal, however, is to attain the rank of Black Belt. Attaining this rank of prestige varies depending on the effort and desire of the individual.