- We offer both children's and adult classes beginning from the ages of four years old upwards. Pacific Coast Academy is an envoironment of positivity and success where we "build confidence through achievement”. We honor Martial Arts traditions that go back centuries, but we are dynamic and are constantly seeking new and innovative ways to enthuse and excite our students.
- We have classes for Children from 4 years old through until 18. Our classes are designed to excited our young martial artists while challenging them and preparting them for the challenges that lay ahead
- Pacific Coast Academy offers many adult classes at times to suit your schedule. Our adult clasess include Ken Ju Ryu, Kenpo Ju Jitsu - Danzan Ryu JuJitsu - Toyamaru & Eskrima
- We are extremely proud of our lineage which is a pure line from the creator of the Danzan Ryu system to our present day organization. Our chief instructor and head of the Ken Ju Ryu system is Shihanke Russell Rhodes.
- The Pacific Coast Academy of Martial Arts dojo (or school) is a modern, state of the art training facility that is entirely unique and sets the standard for martial arts training in the 21st century.
- Social Media Follow Pacific Coast Acadmey on Facebook and find us on YouTube. On our YouTube channel you will find many video classes by Shihan Russ Rhodes in a multitude of topics that cover Ken Ju Ryu, Danzan Ryu and other martial arts. You will see techniques performed in their orignal and pure forms as well as many blends and variations - check us out, there is something for everyone!
- We always like to welcome visitors to our Dojo. We are conveniently located in Los Gatos, California, close to many of the area's main highways to serve the Bay Area, including Los Gatos, San Jose and the surrounding towns.
Kyoshi Jerry Donnard
Kyoshi Jerry Donnard began training at Pacific Coast Academy of Martial Arts in 1994, under Shihan Russ Rhodes.
Kyoshi Donnard is an instructor for Pacific Coast Academy of Martial Arts and currently holds the rank of Godan (5th Degree Black Belt) in Ken Ju Ryu Kenpo Ju Jitsu and Godan (5th Degree Black Belt) in Danzan Ryu Ju Jitsu under Shihan Russ Rhodes (Hombu Dojo-Shinkodenkai)
Kyoshi Donnard also holds a full instructor certification in Inayan Kadena De Mano as well as a full instructor certification in Inayan Sinawali and Dequerdas styles of Eskrima.
Jerry had the privilege to train under the instruction of Dai Shihan Sig Kufferath from 1994 until Dai Shihan's death in 1999.
Both of his Shodans (1st Degree Black Belts) in Ken Ju Ryu Kenpo Ju Jitsu and Danzan Ryu Ju Jitsu were awarded and signed by Dai Shihan.
Jerry is also a certified massage therapist in Seifukujitsu Restoration Therapy. Kyoshi Donnard is one of the original board members of the Kilohana Martial Arts Association (formerly Pacific Coast Kilohana) created by Dai Shihan Sig Kufferath to continue his commitment to the highest ideals in the martial arts.
Kyoshi Donnard is one of the original board members of the Kilohana Martial Arts Association (formerly Pacific Coast Kilohana) created by Dai Shihan Sig Kufferath to continue his commitment to the highest ideals in the martial arts. Jerry served as Treasurer from 1996 until 2001. After a short break from the position, he again assumed the role of Treasurer in 2002 and served until he resigned from the Board in 2008.
In 1999, Jerry was awarded the Ohana Award from Kilohana and in 2000 he received the President’s Award from the President of Kilohana in appreciation for his commitment to Kilohana Martial Arts Association.
Jerry was director of the 1998 Masters Seminar and the 2002 & 2003 Kufferath Masters Seminars. These were martial arts training camps sponsored by Kilohana.
Kyoshi Donnard teaches the adult classes and continues to train at Pacific Coast Academy of Martial Arts.