- We offer both children's and adult classes beginning from the ages of four years old upwards. Pacific Coast Academy is an envoironment of positivity and success where we "build confidence through achievement”. We honor Martial Arts traditions that go back centuries, but we are dynamic and are constantly seeking new and innovative ways to enthuse and excite our students.
- We have classes for Children from 4 years old through until 18. Our classes are designed to excited our young martial artists while challenging them and preparting them for the challenges that lay ahead
- Pacific Coast Academy offers many adult classes at times to suit your schedule. Our adult clasess include Ken Ju Ryu, Kenpo Ju Jitsu - Danzan Ryu JuJitsu - Toyamaru & Eskrima
- We are extremely proud of our lineage which is a pure line from the creator of the Danzan Ryu system to our present day organization. Our chief instructor and head of the Ken Ju Ryu system is Shihanke Russell Rhodes.
- The Pacific Coast Academy of Martial Arts dojo (or school) is a modern, state of the art training facility that is entirely unique and sets the standard for martial arts training in the 21st century.
- Social Media Follow Pacific Coast Acadmey on Facebook and find us on YouTube. On our YouTube channel you will find many video classes by Shihan Russ Rhodes in a multitude of topics that cover Ken Ju Ryu, Danzan Ryu and other martial arts. You will see techniques performed in their orignal and pure forms as well as many blends and variations - check us out, there is something for everyone!
- We always like to welcome visitors to our Dojo. We are conveniently located in Los Gatos, California, close to many of the area's main highways to serve the Bay Area, including Los Gatos, San Jose and the surrounding towns.
Tiny Tigers, is a martial arts training program for children aged between the ages of 4 years and 6 years old, that emphasizes character-building qualities such as focus, attention, following instructions, and group participation. Physical skills that teach basic karate movements are progressive and are taught without memorization at this level. There is a lot of repetition to allow children to become proficient in the movements and soon become confident in the flow of the class turning children into confident participants in each class
Our win / succeed approach promotes self-esteem and confidence. With each success is rewarded with recognition and a symbol of that recognition. We have a number of ways that a child's progress is recognized and rewarded including a system of earning stripes that are displayed on their obi (belt), patches that are sewn and proudly displayed on their Gi (Karate Uniform) and their obi (belt) that shows the level that they are at (and the level they are training to get to next)
The duration that children spend in Tiny Tiger varies from child to child. The number of months spent in the Tiny Tiger program varies widely with children’s age, size, maturity level, and motor skills.
The Duration of the Tiny Tiger program typically ranges from 4 to 12 months and children advance within the program when they are ready for new challenges.
Our unique method of training is fun and designed to:
- Instill A Positive Attitude
- Build Confidence & Self Esteem
- Teach the Importance of Strong Values
- Good Character
- Promote the Desire to Learn
- Improve Effort & Motivation
- Improve Concentration
- Teach Self Discipline
- Instill Respect for Themselves & for Others
Tiny Tigers (4-6yrs)
Tiny Tiger Belt Sequence
Our children’s programs and adult Ken Ju Ryu use the same basic sequence of belt colors.
The Tiny Tigers program is a subset of the white belt curriculum so their belts follow the color same sequence but always include white.
Tiny Tigers typically earn new belts every other month.